Periodontology is a gum disease which leads to the loss of the teeth even if they seem healthy and with no cavity. There are certain bacteria responsible for this dental disease. Oral hygiene associated with smoking or specific general diseases create the favourable conditions for these bacteria to develop inside the oral cavity.
The periodontal procedures include:
– periodontal infection treatment
– periodontal clinical investigations
– root scaling and planning
– periodontal non-surgical treatment: medication, debridement, lavage
– periodontal surgical treatment: flap surgery, gingival graft, bone graft, root resection
– procedures of maintaining after periodontal therapy.